We were driving home from Cecilia's well child check-up Wednesday when Marcela said, "Mami, quiero ir a la casa en Wyoming." (Translation: Mami, I want to go to the house in Wyoming. In other words: She wants to go to visit my parents in Wyoming. Everywhere we go is the house from somewhere. Last weekend when we were in Midway, Utah she didn't want to go back to her house "in Utah" meaning our house - she wanted to stay and swim and play another day. Anyway, long story short: I tell Marcela that if she wants to go to Wyoming, she can go with her Aunt Annie who was planning to go home for the weekend on Thursday. I didn't think she'd go for it. Too far without the parents, right?Oh man was I WRONG!
I talked to Annie who was cool with the idea and from that point on all Marcela could talk about was how "excited" she was to go to Wyoming. I kept reminding her how "lejos" (far away) Wyoming is and how we wouldn't be with her for 3 nights. It didn't even phase the girl. Annie called and told me that when they got on the freeway Marcela sat up and said, "We're really going!"
Updates from my mom and siblings include comments like these from Marcela:
"When my mom calls, I'm going to tell her I haven't cried at all in Wyoming."
"When my dad calls, I'm going to tell him I want to bring my house to Wyoming. I want to live here."
"I'm so excited to be here."
"Keekee, come look at the stars, they are soooooo big!"
"I have strawberry gum!" (She's currently obsessed with gum and knows that anyone in Wyoming will buy her as much as she wants.)
She is loving all the attention she is getting from everyone there. Thanks to my family for spoiling her and giving her the attention she was used to having from me when she was the only child. It's fun to hear how excited she is. I can't wait to have her back on Sunday!
1 comment:
i would like to expound on the excitement. she actually said 'i am so excited to be in wyoming probably 15 times in the 2 hours we spent driving around and looking at animals. also. we spent some time with the miniature horses and we sang to them and showed them how fast we could run. and also how far. also. we talked a bit about how stressed i am. and she suggested that i play. that i play babies. and also with toys. so. with your permission (thank you) i will be down to play with the toys in her room. i love her. i wish we could have spent more time together.
Post a Comment