It always feels weird to celebrate a birthday the weekend before and then not do anything at all on the actual birthday. So on the morning of Ceci's birthday, we put up the birthday banner and sang to her and Armando brought home a big cupcake for her that night so that she could blow out some candles on her actual birthdate.
One of the girls' favorite traditions is one where everyone sings in Spanish "Take a bite, take a bite!" ("Que lo muerda! Que lo muerda!") And of course if anyone is close, when the birthday person goes to take a bite, they push their face into the cake a little. In years past, this has brought tears when it was unexpected, but now they see it as a game.
I smiled when I saw this succession of photos.
And then Cecilia decided that in order to make things fair, Marcela needed a turn too!
I'm just glad everyone ended up smiling and there were no tears involved. Happy 7th Birthday to our spunky Koki! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment